Here are my Week 8 NFL power rankings (top five). Let me know if you agree or disagree!
1. Kansas City Chiefs – The defense has been outstanding so far. For all of my KC Chiefs fans friends (and you know who you are) congratulations!
2. Seattle Seahawks – Percy Harvin is looking to make his return to an already loaded Seahawk team. Look out NFC1
3. Denver Broncos – Yes, Indy just beat you on Sunday night night, but Peyton Manning still wins more of those match ups than he loses.
4. Indianapolis Colts – You looked great in the win over Denver but losing Reggie Wayne was a critical loss.
5. New Orleans Saints – Drew Brees has the Saints cruising in the NFC South. Let’s see if it continues.
After five weeks there are three teams that remain undefeated. The Broncos, Saints, and Chiefs sit atop the standings and power rankings headed into week 6. Statistically, teams that start 5-0 have a 90% chance of making the playoffs and a 40% chance of making the Super Bowl. Those are numbers that make the folks in the Rockies, the Midwest, and the Bayou very happy!
Here is my Week 5 power rankings. Don’t agree? Leave a comment and let me know about it.
1. Denver Broncos 5-0
Peyton Manning is absolutly insane right now. Barring a catastrophic injury to #18 the Broncos are going to cruise. Don’t forget… Von Miler is coming back soon too!
2. New Orleans Saints 5-0
Drew Brees is a tremendous quarterback and team leader. Add to that, Coach Sean Payton is back at practice every day. The Saints have raised some eyebrows in this remarkable resurgence.
3. Kansas City Chiefs 5-0
Coach Andy Reid has made believers out of many NFL fans who expected the Chiefs to continue sputtering. The only negative for the Chiefs right now is that they play in the same division as the Broncos. I would like to see the Falcons send Tony Gonzalez back to KC to help his former mates contend for a championship. That would be a fitting end to a certain Hall of Fame career.
4. Indianapolis Colts 4-1
Andrew Luck has played like he has 15 years experience under his belt. The only thing that is keeping the Indy fans from crying over the loss of Peyton Manning is Andrew Luck. In a few more years Peyton will be modeling for his Hall of Fame bust and Andrew will still be lighting up NFL defenses. The Colts have insured that they will have a top-tier QB under center for nearly 30 years.
5. Seattle Seahawks 4-1
Yes, they lost to #4 Indy last week, but the ‘Hawks are still a great team who look to be a force deep into the NFC playoff picture. Pound for pound, and inch for inch, Russell Wilson is as good a QB as there is in the NFL. If the ‘Hawks can remain healthy they will be hard to beat.
1. Denver Broncos 4-0
There is really no debate on this selection. Peyton Manning is playing at an insane level of greatness. I doubt that the Broncos will go 16-0 because it is just too hard, but if any team can in 2013 it’s this team.
2. Seattle Seahawks 4-0
The Seahawks engineered a great comeback win against a potential Super Bowl opponent in the Houston Texans. Look for Russell Wilson to lead his team to the NFC Championship and possibly beyond.
3. New Orleans Saints 4-0
The return of Sean Payton has paid immediate dividends for the Saints. They look solid at home and should give the Falcons all they can handle in the NFC south.
4. New England Patriots 4-0
Gronk is getting healthy and the Patriots are still the Patriots. Expect a solid season where they can win any game and go deep in the playoffs.
5. Kansas City Chiefs 4-0
OK. No one saw this coming. Andy Reid has turned things around at Arrowhead quicker than anyone could have imagined. Will it last? Only time will tell, but for now, the Chiefs are in the top five.
- Week 4: NFL Rankings of Power 1-5 (brentmwold.wordpress.com)
- Week 5 NFL Power Rankings: Broncos and Saints separating themselves from the pack; Seahawks slip (milehighreport.com)